Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was searching for a banana bread recipe and ended up mixing and matching a few recipes and came up with this one. It's delicious served warm with butter and/or peanut butter on top.
- 414.03 ml sifted flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- Sift together first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Cream margerine and peanut butter, adding sugars and eggs.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and bananas to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Really dissappointed in this recipe. Bread looked great but was dry and had very little flavor. I even added extra bananas and extract. Won't be trying this again.
Very good bread! It was simple to prepare and tastes great. I only wound up using 2 bananas. I guess maybe they were extra large! Anyway, my friend who sampled it also thought it was really good stuff.
This was wonderful and got us all to the table in minutes. Thank you for a nice treat!