Recipe by crispychick
You would never guess that only 4 ingredients go into this soup! You can serve it pureed or chunky or a little of both and it can be served warm or chilled! You also have the option of using low-fat cream cheese but I have never tried the fat-free version. I'ts delicious! Serve with a good crusty bread and you're ready to go.
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add about a cup of chicken broth and the chopped vegetables to a pot and cook, covered, until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Puree in blender (or puree 1/2 of mixture if more texture is desired), return to pot and stir in the rest of the chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.