Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
You would never guess that only 4 ingredients go into this soup! You can serve it pureed or chunky or a little of both and it can be served warm or chilled! You also have the option of using low-fat cream cheese but I have never tried the fat-free version. I'ts delicious! Serve with a good crusty bread and you're ready to go.
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- salt and pepper
- Add about a cup of chicken broth and the chopped vegetables to a pot and cook, covered, until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Puree in blender (or puree 1/2 of mixture if more texture is desired), return to pot and stir in the rest of the chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is very tasty. Try using Laughing Cow cheese instead of cream cheese.. or use both to complete the 8 ounces required. It gives it a very nice flavor. :) Great recipe!!
I tinkered with this to cut the carbs. I used 3 medium-size zucchini and cut the onion to 3 tablespoons. I also sprinkled a dash of italian seasoning in. The rest stayed as-is. Lots of flavor.
This was quick, easy and very tasty! I reduced the amounts to make just two servings because I had just over a cup of chicken broth to use up. I minced a clove of garlic and added it, and seasoned the soup with pepper. Between the broth and the cream cheese it didn't need any more salt. Even my zucchini-hating four-year-old liked this soup. I wish I'd made the full amount so we'd have some leftovers.