Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipie that I invented by tase and error...my family would have this everyday for supper if I made it....I have only shared it with a few people and they all have ditched their other caesar salad recipies and now are using this one....its awesome and a real surprise full of taste ! the heat can be turned up or down and the garlic can be adjusted.....the amount i am posting feeds my son and husband each a very large bowl...enjoy
- 1 raw egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Put everything into a jar or container and shake the heck out of it.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour to blend.
- Pour over salad and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Add bacon bits, sliced mushrooms and croutons.
- top with fresh grated parmesan cheese -- .
Wow, what a great dressing! I'm a salad lover anyway and this dressing was just wonderful!!! Thank you for posting, and I look forward to seeing more of your recipes here!
Hi Shelley; Made this dressing yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed a big plate of Romaine Salad, topped with sliced mushrooms, shrimp and my own homemade croutons. The tarragon gave the dressing a real nice taste and the hot sauce added a bit of heat that I really enjoyed. I used Romaine hearts that I chilled with ice cubes for about 1/2 hour. Thank you for sharing and I will be making this recipe often. "Uncle Bill"
One of the best caesar salad dressings I have ever had. For my family though I did cut the garlic cloves back to 3 but if you love garlic by all means use the 5. Thank you for posting this recipe shelley