I've played around with this recipe for awhile and this version has become the family favorite. It's also great for potlucks and entertaining. This is a one pan size but you can easily use the whole box of shells and double the rest of the recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, ground
- 20 -24 large pasta shells, about half of a box
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, finely diced or grated
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package spinach
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1Boil pasta water.
- 2Sweat diced onions and garlic in butter until soft, add sausage and italian seasoning and brown.
- 3Add shells to boiling water, cook until slightly under al dente, rinse in cold water.
- 4Defrost spinach in microwave and drain.
- 5Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 6In large bowl combine spinach, ricotta, parmesean cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella and cooked sausage.
- 7Stuff mixture into shells, I try to get as much in as I can, and place in baking dish lined with foil with a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom.
- 8Cover shells with remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, additional parmesean cheese is yummy as well.
- 9Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shelle's Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.6
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 2553.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: