Recipe by FrVanilla
Simple to make pasta dish that is light and tasty. I use turkey sausage and sqeezed some lemon juice over top. If using kale, or leafy green, remove and discard center stem. From simplyrecipes.com.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 12 ounces kale, broccoli rabe or 12 ounces other greens, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil, add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a Tbsp of olive oil. Add the pasta and cook as directed on the package, until al dente.
- 2 While pasta is being prepared, cook kale or rabe in chicken stock for about 8 minutes.
- 3 While greens are cooking, sauté Italian sausage until brown - about 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage from pan. Add green onions to pan, sauté until soft. Add garlic and cook for a minute more.
- 4 When pasta is done, drain and return to pan. Toss together with the greens, sausage, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Add chile pepper flakes to taste.