Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. This is very easy to do and taste great. Use small pasta for this recipe.
- 2 cups shell pasta
- 15 ounces salmon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water, following directive on package. Drain and set aside in an oven dish.
- Drain salmon, but keep the liquid. Mash the salmon with the bones. Set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Stir 1 minute. Add milk and bring to boil, while stirring. Reduce heat and keep cooking stirring constantly, until thick. Set aside in a warm place.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet. Cook the onion 5 minutes, until tender. Add to the previous mixture of milk. Then add the salmon and his liquid. Add mozzarella and parsley. Add salt and pepper. Let heat while stirring, until cheese has melted.
- Pour the sauce on the pasta.
This was very good! I made it exactly as posted, and it was very good like that. I had some steamed asparagus leftover from last night, so I chopped and heated it and threw it in as well. I did seem to have a high ratio of sauce to pasta, so I think you could possibly stretch this dish to serve more. Thanks for posting! Made for TYM tag.
Great! I added some garlic powder and did it all in one pan like a previous reviewer. I also had fresh salmon on hand, so I sauteed it and mashed it before adding it to the sauce. Thanks for sharing!
This was very yummy, and a hit with my toddler DS. I used mozzarella, and as such felt compelled to throw in a few healthy shakes of garlic powder with the salt and pepper. I also added some mixed veggies--the sauce to pasta ratio seemed high so I thought the veggies would add texture. To save using lots of pans I just sauteed the onion in all the butter, then added flour and made the sauce. I realize that might be bechamel sacrilege, but it worked out fine ;). I'll definitely make this again, both with mozzarella and cheddar for a whole new taste. When I make it again with mozzarella I might use a long noodle, like linguini, as I think it would work nicely. Thanks for posting! Made for 123 hits.