Recipe by Boomette
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. This is very easy to do and taste great. Use small pasta for this recipe.
Top Review by breezermom
This was very good! I made it exactly as posted, and it was very good like that. I had some steamed asparagus leftover from last night, so I chopped and heated it and threw it in as well. I did seem to have a high ratio of sauce to pasta, so I think you could possibly stretch this dish to serve more. Thanks for posting! Made for TYM tag.
- 2 cups shell pasta
- 15 ounces salmon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water, following directive on package. Drain and set aside in an oven dish.
- Drain salmon, but keep the liquid. Mash the salmon with the bones. Set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Stir 1 minute. Add milk and bring to boil, while stirring. Reduce heat and keep cooking stirring constantly, until thick. Set aside in a warm place.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet. Cook the onion 5 minutes, until tender. Add to the previous mixture of milk. Then add the salmon and his liquid. Add mozzarella and parsley. Add salt and pepper. Let heat while stirring, until cheese has melted.
- Pour the sauce on the pasta.