Recipe by Galley Devil
This is one of the few ways I will eat spinach. The original recipe (in a magazine) calls for just 4 slices of bacon.
- 500 g shell pasta
- 500 g spinach, trimmed, chopped
- 4 -6 slices bacon, chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 ml light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. (If desired, add a little salt to the boiling water to season it.).
- Add the pasta and cook till just tender. Drain well.
- Cook the bacon in a large pan until crisp.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add the white wine and garlic and stir until the wine is nearly evaporated.
- Stir in the cream and spinach and allow to heat through.
- In a large bowl, toss together the prepared sauce and hot pasta along with the tarragon leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.