Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
You will be surprised at how pretty this dish looks for an appetizer or a light lunch. Enjoy!
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 6 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 1⁄2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 1⁄2 ounces small black olives
- 4 pieces focaccia bread
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Place the basil, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper in food processor.
- Process until the basil is finely chopped.
- Add the 1/4 cup of oil and process again until emulsified.
- Set aside Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Run under cold water and drain.
- Toss through enough of the basil vinaigrette to coat shells thoroughly.
- Add the goat cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes and olives and stir to combine.
- Add some more dressing, if necessary, but do not make the mixture too wet.
- Toast the focaccia wedges and brush with a little of the extra oil.
- Serve the wedges piled with the pasta mixture and sprinkled with toasted pine nuts.