Recipe by CountryLady
This is another quick, easy, delicious weeknight dish! Frying the garlic just until it is golden gives it a nutty, slightly spicy flavour that goes well with broccoli - but don't go past that golden colour or it will become bitter.
Top Review by Valerie in Florida
Very good. Only change was to add about 1/2 small can of chicken broth for additional flavor. I make broccoli and pasta often, but this was a nice change with the anchovies.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 4 cups orecchiette or 4 cups other small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped (or 1 tbsp paste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Broccoli into small florets& chop stems.
- Cook in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water using a slotted spoon.
- Drain& set aside.
- Cook pasta in the same pot of boiling water until tender but firm, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid, drain& return to the pot.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat; add next 4 ingredients& fry until garlic is fragrant& anchovies begin to break down, about 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet and cook until heated through& garlic is beginning to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add to pasta along with reserved cooking liquid& toss to coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on each serving.