This is another quick, easy, delicious weeknight dish! Frying the garlic just until it is golden gives it a nutty, slightly spicy flavour that goes well with broccoli - but don't go past that golden colour or it will become bitter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Broccoli into small florets& chop stems.
- 2Cook in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a bowl of ice water using a slotted spoon.
- 4Drain& set aside.
- 5Cook pasta in the same pot of boiling water until tender but firm, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid, drain& return to the pot.
- 7Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat; add next 4 ingredients& fry until garlic is fragrant& anchovies begin to break down, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add broccoli to skillet and cook until heated through& garlic is beginning to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- 9Add to pasta along with reserved cooking liquid& toss to coat.
- 10Sprinkle Parmesan on each serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shell Pasta with Broccoli & Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 23.4 g