Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another quick, easy, delicious weeknight dish! Frying the garlic just until it is golden gives it a nutty, slightly spicy flavour that goes well with broccoli - but don't go past that golden colour or it will become bitter.
- Cut Broccoli into small florets& chop stems.
- Cook in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water using a slotted spoon.
- Drain& set aside.
- Cook pasta in the same pot of boiling water until tender but firm, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid, drain& return to the pot.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat; add next 4 ingredients& fry until garlic is fragrant& anchovies begin to break down, about 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet and cook until heated through& garlic is beginning to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add to pasta along with reserved cooking liquid& toss to coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on each serving.
Very good. Only change was to add about 1/2 small can of chicken broth for additional flavor. I make broccoli and pasta often, but this was a nice change with the anchovies.
I made this recipe for Dd to eat while I was away. She loved it & finished up the whole casserole over a 3 day period. She also made sure that I understand she wishes me to make this again. I did taste it myself & I would enjoy it more by adding 1tsp of hot red pepper flakes for a bigger kick. Thank you CountryLady.
Loved the addition of anchovies to this recipe. Only thing I did different is to microwave my broccoli. I always cook it by adding just a tablespoon or so of water, covering it and microwave for about 8 minutes. Comes out perfect every time. Great quick and easy dish. Thanks, CL.