Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a ice cream topper that will harden when it's poured on ice cream. It's like the ones sold in the store, but cheaper (by far!) The recipe is for only one serving so you can multiply it for as many people that you need to.
- 2 tablespoons baking chocolate chips (any type)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oil
1 Tablespoon one (or more) of the following mix-ins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed cereal (will soften shell) or 1 tablespoon crushed cookies (will soften shell) or 1 tablespoon finely chopped nuts (will soften shell) or 1 tablespoon peanut butter (will soften shell)
- Melt chips in microwave or double boiler. (For microwave, heat 10-20 seconds at a time and stir after each interval.).
- Stir in oil. The amount will vary depending on the type and brand of chips. You will know when you have enough oil when the mixture runs smoothly off the spoon.
- Add mix-in, if desired.
- Pour over ice cream and wait a few seconds for it to harden. Enjoy!