Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A recipe that both children and adults can enjoy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 6 ounces large shell pasta
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until red colour disappears.
- Drain beef.
- Place in crock pot.
- Stir in salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and flour.
- Add water, bouillon, and wine; mix well.
- Cover and cook LOW 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Add cooked pasta, mushrooms and sour cream to crock pot.
- Stir to mix ingredients.
- Turn control to HIGH.
- Let cook 10-15 minutes.
We really enjoyed this recipe. The wine gives it great flavor ... I used a little extra. Also, I left out the mushrooms and substituted curly pasta as that is all I had. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks.