Nothing puts me more in the mood for Christmas than these gingerbread cookies. Hope you enjoy them. Prep time does not include chilling time or time to shape and decorate the cookies.
- Sift together flour, spices, and baking soda; set aside.
- In another bowl combine melted margarine and brown sugar together until well combined. Add milk, molasses, vanilla and lemon juice. Add flour mixture. Mix well.
- Let chill in fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take cookie dough out of fridge, roll and shape into various shapes(gingerbread men, xmas trees, hearts, what ever tickles your fancy!) and decorate with sprinkles or chocolate chips for eyes, mouth, and buttons if desired.(you can wait until afterwards to decorate with icing too!).
- Tranfer cookie shapes to ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Eat right hot of the oven or transfer to wire racks to cool.