1/1 Photo of Shelb's Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Nothing puts me more in the mood for Christmas than these gingerbread cookies. Hope you enjoy them. Prep time does not include chilling time or time to shape and decorate the cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, spices, and baking soda; set aside.
- 2In another bowl combine melted margarine and brown sugar together until well combined. Add milk, molasses, vanilla and lemon juice. Add flour mixture. Mix well.
- 3Let chill in fridge for about an hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Take cookie dough out of fridge, roll and shape into various shapes(gingerbread men, xmas trees, hearts, what ever tickles your fancy!) and decorate with sprinkles or chocolate chips for eyes, mouth, and buttons if desired.(you can wait until afterwards to decorate with icing too!).
- 6Tranfer cookie shapes to ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 7Eat right hot of the oven or transfer to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shelb's Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g