1 hr 10 mins
This is one of my all-time favorite potato dishes. I tend not to like soup mix recipes, but this works, and works great. It's wonderful baked along with a roast, or chicken, reheats well, and is a great side dish to bring along with you somewhere. And it doubles and tripes (or even more) easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- 3In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients well and pour into the prepared pan.
- 4Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- 5Then raise the heat to 375 and bake, stirring occasionally, for another 15 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender, the whole dish is a nice, dark brown, and the onions are mostly carmelized.
- 6Most of the liquid should be gone, and there should be just a little bit of sauciness to it.
- 7Not a lot.
- 8If you find the dish drying out too quickly while it's baking, just stir in a little extra water when needed.
- 9Because of the soup mix, I find I don't need any more salt, but feel free to add it if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shelah's Yummy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 659.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g