Recipe by Charmed
This is one of my all-time favorite potato dishes. I tend not to like soup mix recipes, but this works, and works great. It's wonderful baked along with a roast, or chicken, reheats well, and is a great side dish to bring along with you somewhere. And it doubles and tripes (or even more) easily.
Top Review by Heidi C.
Thanks Charmed for a great potato recipe!!!! My DH and I enjoyed it. It had a very unique flavor.I followed the recipe, but only added garlic because we use it in almost everthing.
- 6 large unpeeled potatoes, cut into chunks (about 1 1/2")
- 3 large onions, halved,then cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients well and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Then raise the heat to 375 and bake, stirring occasionally, for another 15 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender, the whole dish is a nice, dark brown, and the onions are mostly carmelized.
- Most of the liquid should be gone, and there should be just a little bit of sauciness to it.
- Not a lot.
- If you find the dish drying out too quickly while it's baking, just stir in a little extra water when needed.
- Because of the soup mix, I find I don't need any more salt, but feel free to add it if you prefer.