Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I have been making this recipe for 23 years or so! I would love to try another version, but this just works, and it is always a favorite with anyone who tastes it. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it?)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain clams, reserving 1-1/2 cups liquid. Set aside.
- In skillet, slowly heat oil and butter. Add garlic and saute until golden. Remove from heat.
- Stir in clam liquid, 3 T. parsley, and salt; return to heat and bring to boiling. Reduce heat again; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add clams; simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over spaghetti, garnished with remaining 1 T. parsley and Parmesan cheese to taste.