Recipe by mabers
This is a super recipe given to me by a tennis pal many years ago.....not a particularly healthful one, but once in a while why not? I know.....it contains the dreaded 'can of soup' but again, once in a while!
Top Review by The Flying Chef
I made this as sarter last night and sereved it in scallop shells it was great presentation. I don't like cream of mushroom soup, but I thought I would give it a go as with all the other ingredients, I was hoping it would not have to much of a soupy flavour. Well it didn't which was great and I did enjoy it but I probably would have only given it 3 stars. My hubby who adores cream of mushroom soup thought it was great. I love scallops and I think all the lovely yet naughty ingredients make for a wonderful combination, I think next time, I would like to try this with all the other ingredients and minusing the mushroom soup and make some creamy sauce to go with rest of the ingredients. Please if you read this review don't be put off making it, it really was just my personal preference and I took a gamble on whether it would be my cup of tea or not, but like it I said my hubby thought it was really good. Thanks for sharing
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I use 4 yr. old)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms and scallops in melted butter/marg. 2-3 minute
- Add soup, sour cream, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Place in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minute.
- We like to serve over patty shells. The sauce is quite thin but the shells soak it up quite nicely.