Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the other recipe for brussels sprouts from the Bridge series of cookbooks that is so delicious. I think I prefer this one over Sheila's (tolerable) Brussels Sprouts, but they are both really tasty. Cook and prep. times are approximate.
- 2 -3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Wash and trim brussels sprouts.
- Cook (uncovered) until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and saute onions until soft, but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour over cooked sprouts.
I sauted one onion, added the sprouts and 1 cup broth. Cooked,covered for 8 minutes, removed the cover added the rest of the ingredients and let simmer until liquid was reduced to almost nothing. Excellent recipe. I'm not a big brussel sprout lover (like my husband) but these are good!!
i added fresh garlic to this made it wonderful
These Brussels sprouts are fantastic! I loved the flavor of the sauce. These are easy enough for anytime, but also good enough for company or a holiday dinner. I'll be making these again, thanx!