Recipe by Jan LeBoutillier
My dear friend passed away a year ago and I miss her so much...when she was well enough she loved to make these cookies and share them with everyone because that's the kind of gal she was...these cookies are moist and spicy and like delicious little cakes...and the recipe makes lots...
- 2 cups seedless raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Put raisins and water in small saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda; set aside to cool.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and eggs.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and spices; mix well.
- Add raisins and water and stir to mix.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on racks.