Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've checked for this recipe on Zaar and altho' there are several, non exactly like this. This is a favourite in our house.....no idea where it came from, but it's been around a long time. As usual with my recipes, prep. time is app.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut in 1 in. squares)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 green pepper (cut in 1/2 in. squares)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drained...save liquid in meas. cup)
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in plastic bag along with chicken and coat well.
- Shake off excess.
- Brown lightly on all sides in oil.
- To saved pineapple juice, add water to make 1 1/4 cups.
- In saucepan stir together juice/water combo, sugar and granules, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Cook over med.
- heat until thick, and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir constantly, cooking another 2 minute.
- Note: I usually just do this last step in a large meas.
- cup in the microwave for 3 or 4 minute stirring every minute, until thick.
- Place browned chicken in lasagne sized pan and cover with the sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and pineapple and continue to cook for another 30 minute.
Loved this combination of chicken, green peppers and pineapple. I almost hesitated when it came to the 3/4 cup cider vinegar but found the addition of the pineapple and sugar worked well and made for great tasting Pineapple Chicken which I am sure will become a favorite at our house too. Thank you mabers!