Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was in a local paper some years ago. It came from Roy Romanow, the then premier of Saskatchewan. I don't make it often, but every time I do, we always say I should do it more frequently.
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup medium cheddar or 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- sour cream
- Boil potatoes until very tender.
- Mash with milk, salt and pepper.
- (There should be about 2 cups) Mix in cheddar cheese.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook noodles until tender but firm.
- Rinse under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Line bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish with 4 noodles.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg and onion salt in bowl.
- Spread evenly over noodles.
- Top with 4 more noodles.
- Spread potato mixture evenly over these noodles.
- Cover with remaining noodles.
- In skillet, cook onions in butter over med.
- heat for about 10 minute or until soft.
- Spread over noodles.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30 minute or until heated through and golden.
- Let stand 10 minute befor serving with sour cream.