Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful baked peach dessert from Jamie Oliver (the Naked Chef).
- 6 ripe peaches or 6 nectarines, halved and stoned
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, scored lengthwise and seeds removed
- 125 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F/gas 4.
- Put the peaches in a saucepan with the demarara sugar, the vanilla seeds and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then place into a well-greased and lightly-floured ovenproof dish or bowl.
- Beat together the butter, caster sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, mix thoroughly and spread over the peaches (leave some peaches peeping through).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with custard, or something cold like vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche.