Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had this recipe the first time at my cousin Sheila's house, and they were SO GOOD, I had to ask her for the recipe... These are so YUMMY! You can add broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, cucumbers, pea pods, mushrooms or just about any veggie you can think of to this mix. You can blanch the broccoli and cauliflower, string beans, pea pods etc. or leave them raw, if you like them that way.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled, sliced and cooked
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- Cook carrots, until tender, but not mushy. Drain and cool, and place a layer of them in a lg. glass dish.
- Top with a layer of green peppers and a layer of onions. Repeat layers until used up.
- Mix up soup, oil, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour over layers of vegetables, and marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Note: I just add all the veggies in a large jar and tip jar in the opposite direction about every hours during marinating time in the fridge. I like to marinate overnight.