Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This was on Dr.Andrew Weil's website, courtesy of Rosie Schwartz, R.D. It is delicious! (Servings and cook times specified only because they have to be!)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ch. fresh parsley
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Season to taste, if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Great dip! It's sort of like hummus, but with mayo instead of tahini. I reserved some chickpea liquid to thin the dip to my desired consistancy. Great with pitas or any type of dippers. This is a keeper. Thanx for sharing!