Recipe by mabers
This is another old recipe written on a piece of paper....no idea where it came from, but it is good. Note: I use only 1/2 pck. onion soup.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch squares
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (see note)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 sweet peppers, cut in 1 inch squares (1 red, 1 green)
- 3 stalks celery, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 green onions, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl combine chicken with soup mix, 1 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and 1 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Marinate app.
- 20 minute.
- In large skillet (wok) heat remaining oil and cook peppers and celery over high heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minute.
- Add green onions and cook 2 minute.
- Remove veggies from pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minute stirring.
- In a small bowl mix remaining soy sauce and cornstarch with water and sugar.
- Add to wok with veggies and simmer for 3 minute until sauce is slightly thickened.