Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an old newspaper clipping. I am writing the recipe as it appeared, and have always made this amount, but I suppose it could be halved easily. I really have no idea how many it serves....have always taken it to a buffet dinner as a side dish. The recipe states 10 main course servings.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2-1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together vinegar and garlic, followed by oil. Stir in rosemary, parsley and olives.
- Toss with chickpeas.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta to desired doneness. Drain.
- Toss with chickpea mixture and feta cheese.
- Check seasoning and add more vinegar or oil if needed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.