1/1 Photo of Sheila's Chicken Milanese
This goes together pretty quickly and is made even easier by the use of thin-sliced chicken breasts. Served with salad, it is light, refreshing, and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breast (about 8 cutlets)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2In shallow dish, mix flour with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- 3In another shallow dish, beat eggs with garlic cloves and lemon zest.
- 4In still another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 5In large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat.
- 6Meanwhile, coat chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Fry half (about 4 cutlets) in skillet until golden brown and crisp, turning once. When cooked, drain on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Drizzle with 1 T. fresh lemon juice. Transfer to oven to keep warm.
- 7Heat remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat and fry remaining chicken as previously directed. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel, then drizzle with remaining 1 T. lemon juice. Transfer to oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- 8To make salad, whisk 2 T. olive oil with lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- 9To serve, place chicken on plate and top with salad mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sheila's Chicken Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.7
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 217.6 mg
- Sodium 968.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of