Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is the ONLY fudge recipe that I make, which everyone looks forward to around the holidays. My niece Alisa saves her empty container from the year before and brings it to me for her annual refill. She loves to help make this, and it is so easy, even a child can do it! I personally prefer walnuts in my fudge, but it's great either way. It makes a nice gift when presented in a holiday tin. Note: Make only one recipe at a time - do not double!
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, and salt. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and marshmallows, and stir until melted. Then stir in the vanilla (and add nuts, if using).
- Spoon fudge into a greased 8x8x2-inch square pan. Smooth out with spatula. Refrigerate until cool, then cut into squares.