Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but have had it for ages. It is the only recipe in my large collection that I know by heart!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (I use butter)
- 1⁄2-1 cup brown sugar (depending on how much sweetness you like...I use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups natural bran
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups flour (I use 1/2 all-purpose and 1/2 wholewheat)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, ch.apricots, If using Craisins, reduce sugar accordingly as there is sugar in)
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, molasses and eggs.
- Add bran and milk and stir until just mixed.
- Mix together, gently, remaining ingredients and add to batter, stirring until just mixed.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minute or until just firm on top.
- Do not overbake.