1 hr 10 mins
Mrs Goodall's Note:
This is my mom's recipe for banana bread. It's of course the best I've ever had. It's the bread I grew up with, and the only thing I could eat on the morning of my wedding!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food processor.
- 2Put in bananas and sugar, blend until pureed.
- 3Add eggs and oil, blend until incorporated.
- 4Add all other ingredients, except the flour, except nuts, choc chips and ginger into the puree and blend.
- 5With the processor off, add the flour, PULSE 4 times, one second each pulse.
- 6Scrape, pulse one or 2 more times to incorporate all the flour.
- 7Add nuts, chips and ginger if desired. Mix by hand.
- 8Spray 9x5 baking pan with favorite "non-stick baking spray with flour".
- 9Add mixture to pan, scraping bowl.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- 11Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 12Turn our on wire rack until cool.
- 13Even better the next day.
- 14Freezes beautifull.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sheila's Best Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4135.5
- Calories from Fat 1797
- Total Fat 199.7 g
- Saturated Fat 38.9 g
- Cholesterol 378.4 mg
- Sodium 2793.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 564.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.3 g
- Sugars 314.6 g
- Protein 57.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: