Recipe by Mrs Goodall
This is my mom's recipe for banana bread. It's of course the best I've ever had. It's the bread I grew up with, and the only thing I could eat on the morning of my wedding!!
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips, any size
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor.
- Put in bananas and sugar, blend until pureed.
- Add eggs and oil, blend until incorporated.
- Add all other ingredients, except the flour, except nuts, choc chips and ginger into the puree and blend.
- With the processor off, add the flour, PULSE 4 times, one second each pulse.
- Scrape, pulse one or 2 more times to incorporate all the flour.
- Add nuts, chips and ginger if desired. Mix by hand.
- Spray 9x5 baking pan with favorite "non-stick baking spray with flour".
- Add mixture to pan, scraping bowl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Turn our on wire rack until cool.
- Even better the next day.
- Freezes beautifull.