Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Yet another recipe for barbecued (in the oven) pork chops! Quick and easy to prepare. Recipe source is an old weekend magazine, clipping now brown and tattered. I usually serve it over basmati rice.
- 4 thick pork chops
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim most of fat from chops.
- Heat some of this fat in a large heavy skillet that can be put in the oven (or cover black handles with foil).
- Discard pieces of fat when pan is well greased.
- Note: This recipe is so old it is pre-Pam days, so suit yourself as to which method of greasing the pan you use.
- Add chops to pan and brown well on both sides, lifting them out as they brown.
- Add onion to pan and cook gently 3-5 minute.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to onions, stirring to blend.
- Return chops to pan and spoon some sauce over each.
- Bake uncovered app.
- 1 1/2 hours or until chops are tender.
Halved this recipe for the 2 of us,it turned out great. Pork chops are a favorite here, I am always looking for new ways to serve them that just serve 2. I mixed the sauce ingredients in a small container earlier in the day to make the prep even more simple. A definite keeper. Thanks.
This makes for not only quick and easy but for a meal that had everyone asking for more! The chili powder gave this sauce a special taste. Nothing like an old fashioned recipe! Made no changes, perfect as posted. Thank you Mabers, this one is a keeper.