1/2 Photos of Sheila's Banana Bread
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is a recipe I have been making for over 20 years. Even though I like to try new banana bread recipes, I find myself frequently returning to this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Beat together butter and sugar in another medium bowl until light in color. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- 4Stir in flour mixture alternately with bananas and milk. Stir in 3/4 cup of nuts. Pour in prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool on rack for about 10 minutes. Run thin knife around edges. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool. Bread is better next day. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sheila's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3813.5
- Calories from Fat 1673
- Total Fat 185.9 g
- Saturated Fat 72.1 g
- Cholesterol 633.1 mg
- Sodium 4972.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 495.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.8 g
- Sugars 247.5 g
- Protein 65.0 g