Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a recipe I have been making for over 20 years. Even though I like to try new banana bread recipes, I find myself frequently returning to this one.
Top Review by CJAY
I made this recipe gluten-free by using Red Mill Gluten-free Flour and Clabber Girl Baking Powder. It took one hour to bake in my oven. The end result was a lovely loaf with great banana taste and a great texture. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in another medium bowl until light in color. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with bananas and milk. Stir in 3/4 cup of nuts. Pour in prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool on rack for about 10 minutes. Run thin knife around edges. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool. Bread is better next day. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature.