Recipe by Mimi Hall
This BBQ Sauce was developed because a national company stopped selling their Cajun Sauce. After many attempts I finally refined this recipe with lots of taste testing by my husband and myself.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 head garlic (minced)
- 1 -2 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 7 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup steak sauce
- 13 ounces tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup canadian steak seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Add minced onion and garlic to olive oil and sweat. Then add liquid ingredients. Add dry mustard, Canadian Seasoning and then the Cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon at a time to suit your taste. Be sure to stir in and cook to get full impact of the pepper.
- Cook together until heated through.
- Put in sterilizes pint jars and process allotted time. Cool and store in cool dry place.
- Makes about 8-10 pints.
- Can double recipe but watch the cayenne pepper it's wise to add it slowly. The amounts can be adjusted to suit your personal taste. This is quite spicy, but Good!