Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
What a great way to make dessert for a house full of people. Its so much easier then making mutliple pies and tastes just as great. I got this recipe from my girlfrient who had us all over for coffee on afternoon. She served this and I fell in love with it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 7 cups apples, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons soft oleo
- milk, as needed til desired consistency
- Mix first 5 ingredients as you would for a pie crust.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Use 1/2 of your dough.
- Roll out and place on cookie sheet.
- For filling: Mix apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
- Put on crust; dot with oleo.
- Roll remaining dough for top; perforate.
- Beat egg white with fork; brush top.
- Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.
- After removing from oven, while still hot, glaze with 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 3 T. soft oleo and milk.
This was really easy and really good. I actually doubled this recipe for a graduation party we threw for my nephew. This was a big hit. I used a giant baking pan from Gordon Foods. We had about 80 people at the party & I think I only had 3 pieces left. There were 4 other kinds of desserts too! I have a hard time making pie crust but this was so simple. Thanks so much for a great recipe.