2 hrs 20 mins
Fatima Ahmed's Note:
This special Muslim dish is traditionally served on Eid day (both Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha) to the household after they come back from Eid prayers. It is then served throughout the day to all well wishers and guests who come to celebrate Eid with you. It is served by Muslims from a variety of ethnic backgrounds, Arab, Asian, America, European, Southeast Asian, Oriental, etc.. s
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package Ahmed brand vermicelli
- 1 gallon fresh whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 20 cloves whole cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 cup slivered almonds, cashews and pistachioes
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron strand
- 3 tablespoons charoli nuts
- 1/2 cup light brown raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Fry the vermicelli in the butter until well browned but not burnt.
- 2Fry on low heat until all the butter is dried.
- 3Add in 1/4 cup sugar and fry again.
- 4Add in the whole milk cup by cup, stirring constantly, and bring to boil.
- 5Add in the raisins, whole cardamon, and 1/2 cup slivered almonds, cashews and pistachioes, and the remaining sugar.
- 6Reduce the heat and thicken the SHEER KORMA to three-strand consistency, letting the milk boil until it is halved.
- 7The vermicilli must be very soft by now.
- 8Quikly add in the rose water, charoli and fresh cream and let simmer covered for 10 mins.
- 9Garnish with the saffron strands and powdered cardamom, and serve immediately.
- 10This special dish is served on the morning of Eid day to all the household, after the Eid prayer, as breakfast, and throughout the day to every guest that visits you.
- 11It keeps fresh for up to one week in the fridge.
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sheer Korma
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.4
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 169.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ahmed brand vermicelli
whole cardamom pods