You don't have to make sheep. You can make this moldable sugar cookie dough into anything you can imagaine. But the sheep are sooooo cute, cute, cute, cute, cute. Recipe from Land O' Lakes Butter.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Remove 1/3 cup dough and tint it by stirring in a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to make dough easier to handle.
- Form the dough into desired shapes.
- Bake at 325 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- To Make Sheep:.
- Shape dough into little balls from 1/8 inch to 1/2 inch.
- Arrange white dough in ovals about 2 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches - as a wooly sheep.
- Roll four little chocolate dough balls between your fingers to form legs and attach.
- Form 1/2 inch chocolate ovals for heads. Add a bit of white dough for an eye.
VERY cute! Very tasty! Very time consuming! Made these for a neighbor who had a baby. Followed the recipe exactly. Make sure you make small balls because the batter spreds.
We made these today, though did not shape them in to sheep. The end result was moist and soft and quite pleasing. You have to be careful to keep the dough in the fridge between batches though as it softens up quickly and can become hard to roll out.
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet!.. I made as part of my Christmas gifts for the family. Everyone raved about how cute they where. I skipped the almond extract & used vanilla for personal preference. A big hit with the little kids.