Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found in a TOH magazine and my family loved it. I am always looking for new recipes to get us around the table together as a family and this recipe did it. Everyone young and old chowed down.
- 453.59 g sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns, shredded & thawed
- 7-10 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. Remove mixture and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup drippings.
- Add hashbrowns to drippings; mix well. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes turning when browned. Stir in reserved bacon mixture.
- Using spoon make 7 to 10 wells (depending on number of eggs you use) in hashbrowns. Break an egg in each well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheddar. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes or until eggs are set.