Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good, hearty breakfast--or supper.
- 1 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In lg skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp.
- Drain all but 4 T of the drippings.
- Add hash browns; mix well.
- Cook over med for 10 minutes, turning when brown.
- Make 8"wells" in hash browns; put 1 egg in each.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 minutes.
I couldn't get my hasbrowns to brown. It may have been that my bacon was really lean. Other than that my family like it.
Breakfast at its finest. I topped mine with salsa.
A very filling lunch recipe - we found that 1 egg each was plenty. My variations are: used 1/2 cup diced ham and 1 tbsp oil instead of bacon (added ham with the onions) and omitted the cheese. Still really yummy. My modified version has become the "Most Favourite thing for Weekend Breakfast" in our family.