Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
For this 30-minute dinner, bratwursts simmer in a sauce made of beer, onions, and butter. Serve on a hard roll for a sandwich that's perfect for game day. From Recipe.com
- 10 bratwursts or 2 1⁄2 lbs bratwursts
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 rolls, hard round split and toasted or 5 hoagie rolls or 5 kaiser rolls or 5 crusty rolls, split and toasted
- coarse-ground horseradish mustard
- pickle, slices
- onion, slices (optional)
- Pierce bratwurst with fork. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a dip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place bratwurst on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into bratwurst registers 160°F turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.).
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine beer, butter and onion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Place bratwursts in beer mixture; keep warm in beer mixture until serving time.
- Serve bratwursts on a roll. Top with thinly-sliced onions, pickles and mustard.