Recipe by SoupCookie
A great dance and a great recipe! From Sara MacLeod-Walker's "Highland Fling Cookbook"
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly flour a cookie sheet.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together, then combine with the oatmeal.
- Mix in the syrup then the buttermilk to form a stiff dough. (a tablespoon or more buttermilk may be added to get good consistency).
- Divide the dough in two. Knead-one half at a time-on lightly floured surface, and roll out to about a 1/4 inch thick circle.
- Cut each circle into to 4 wedges and put on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-30 minutes. Enjoy with honey or jam!