A great dance and a great recipe! From Sara MacLeod-Walker's "Highland Fling Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly flour a cookie sheet.
- 2Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together, then combine with the oatmeal.
- 3Mix in the syrup then the buttermilk to form a stiff dough. (a tablespoon or more buttermilk may be added to get good consistency).
- 4Divide the dough in two. Knead-one half at a time-on lightly floured surface, and roll out to about a 1/4 inch thick circle.
- 5Cut each circle into to 4 wedges and put on cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 20-30 minutes. Enjoy with honey or jam!
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shean Trubhais Oatcakes
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 1953.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g