Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I took another recipe that I posted and modified it to use shea butter. Shea butter is so good for dry skin, as is aloe vera gel. This is great on lips and dry hands. Although the original recipe was meant for face, I have oily skin, so it would be too much. I will be putting this on my hands overnight with gloves. The peppermint oil is antibacterial and helps cover up the smell of the raw shea butter.
- 1 tablespoon raw shea butter
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil or 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 5 -10 drops peppermint oil (optional)
- Melt the shea butter in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in the jojoba oil and the aloe vera gel until throughly blended.
- Use a tiny bit on face or lips. Great for hands also.