Recipe by Divaconviva
I like biting into a deviled egg and it bites me back! These measurements are approximate. I actually use more cayenne pepper and horseradish than here, but I needed to get a handle on the amounts for sharing my recipe, and these proportions are good. I have not included the cooking time for boiling the eggs.
Top Review by Tallie in Pacific NW
Eggscellent! Followed the recipe for 18 pk of eggs. Tk the advice of other posts and adjusted horseradish to 1/2 tho-perfecto! Thanks for sharing; it'sour new fav Deviled eggs recipe!
- 18 large eggs, boiled and peeled
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, slightly rounded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 1⁄2-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- sweet paprika (to garnish)
- green olives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, carefully removing yolks into a medium-sized bowl,(I use a Pyrex 2-qt glass bowl) and placing the whites onto a serving plate.
- Mash the yolks in the bowl with a fork until they look like coarse cornmeal.
- Mix in dry ingredients first: white pepper, cayenne, salt and ground mustard; next mix in wet ingredients: mayonnaise, relish, yellow mustard and horseradish.
- Stir until well blended. Adjust seasonings to taste; adjust amount of wet ingredients for texture, if necessary.
- Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture, using a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle with sweet paprika and press a single pimento-stuffed green olive into the yolk to make them festive!