This is such an awesome soup. It is so simple to make, yet so refined and elegent. It's a great start for any dinner party, or just for lunch.
- Pour milk into top half of double boiler.
- Add mace and cook 8 minutes over low heat.
- Add crabmeat, butter and cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir and cook 15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crushed crackers and let stand several minutes to thicken soup.
- Stir in sherry just before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.