Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such an awesome soup. It is so simple to make, yet so refined and elegent. It's a great start for any dinner party, or just for lunch.
- Pour milk into top half of double boiler.
- Add mace and cook 8 minutes over low heat.
- Add crabmeat, butter and cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir and cook 15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crushed crackers and let stand several minutes to thicken soup.
- Stir in sherry just before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Very tasty version of She-Crab Soup. I first had this soup many years ago in a little fishing village that was between Charleston & Myrtle Beach. This version tastes very similar. The only thing missing was the crab roe, but since in FL you can't harvest the female crabs, this was a close second. I boiled and picked my own crabs, I find the canned stuff to have a fishy smell. Very Yummy, will be making again. Tagged as a Bargain Basement recipe for the Something Old Something New; A Lucky Menu just for you.