1/1 Photo of Shaza's Favourite Corn Fritters
These are delightful treats--light & crispy, Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 g fresh corn kernels or 375 g frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional but I use it)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- good squeeze lemon juice
- 1Sift the flours, baking powder & spices into a bowl.
- 2Cut onion into strips from top to bottom.
- 3Slice celery finely.
- 4Mix the water, egg & lemon juice, add to the flour mixture, beating till smooth. (Extra water may need to added to get correct consistency of batter).
- 5stir in the corn, onion and celery.
- 6heat vegetable oil in a frying to a depth of 1/2 - 3/4 inch.
- 7When oil is hot, drop large spoonfuls of mixture into the oil, spreading it with the back of a spoon to make a circle of about 3".
- 8Fry until the underside of the fritter is golden brown then flip over and do other side.
- 9Lift out and drain on absorbent paper placed on a wire rack. This helps keep the fritters crisp.
- 10finish them off with a liberal sprinkle of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- 11NOTE: The rice flour is what makes these babies extra crispy! I always use frozen extra sweet corn kernels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shaza's Favourite Corn Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (947 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g