Recipe by These hands can cook
I absolutely love making this ham for family gatherings or just for Sunday dinner. The ham is so tender it literally falls off the bone.
Top Review by gemgal
Very convenient, delicious and tender. No worries if you cook even a little longer for instance if you are at church and can't be home to take out on the dime. For an ocassional main dish it is a winner and takes the pressure off the cook while looking like a whiz. The glaze is perfect and the house smells fab while cooking. Shazam we"ll have ham!
- 1 (8 -10 lb) ham, with bone
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mustard, country
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, mustard seed and cloves in a medium bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Score ham in a diamond like pattern.
- Place ham in a roaster with fat side up.
- Liberally brush glaze on ham (reserve about 1/2 cup for later use).
- Place ham in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove roaster from oven and baste ham again with reserved glaze.
- Return ham to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Allow ham to rest for about 10-15 minutes after removing from oven before slicing.