1/1 Photo of Shazam! Chinese Soup
Pot Scrubber's Note:
I was cleaning out the fridge today and had a few vegetables I didn't just want to toss so I made this soup. I really surprised myself with this one and I am posting it while it is fresh in my mind. Really good and simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water or 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder (reduce to 1/2 tsp if you use stock)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (or more to taste)
- 1Put water and boullion in a pot and turn heat on high.
- 2Grate a carrot directly into pot.
- 3Finely slice cabbage leaving the strips long and toss into the pot.
- 4Finely dice onion and toss into pot.
- 5Cut bark off of a 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger. Smash ginger with something heavy like a mallot or with the bottom of a heavy glass measuring cup to pulvarize and chop.
- 6Toss into the pot.
- 7Toss Garlic clove into the pot.
- 8After soup comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- 9Add sesame oil and white pepper and stir.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shazam! Chinese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 579.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g