Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe started from a recipe sticker on the top of a package of hamburger at a neighborhood store. I've tweaked it since then, and it is now our very favorite. Be gentle when mixing the hamburger, the less you compress it, the better your meatballs turn out.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (more or less to taste)
- Gently mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into 12, 1-1/2 inch meatballs.
- Spray skillet with Pam (or brush with oil) and heat for 5 minutes.
- Brown the meat balls, turning occasionally for 6-8 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook 9-11 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta, or in crusty rolls.
These meatballs are good, easy to make, and use ingredients I usually have. It makes some really good meatball marinara subs with mozzarella that are a real treat for us. Thank you!
This was just delicious. Thank you!
These were very easy to make and tasted great even though I used ground turkey.And they cooked up quick... always a plus!!