Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
My favorite part of eating at a Mexican restaurant is the chips & salsa! So it seems to make more sense to make my own :) After months of experimenting this is the simplest and tastiest variation. But feel free to make it your own. This recipe makes 2-3 cups but I often double it and have salsa for a week or two.
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 serrano peppers (2 serranos pack quite a punch so use less if you are sensitive to spice)
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 white onion
- salt, to taste
- Place tomatoes, garlic, peppers, and salt in blender. Blend until liquified.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook until it becomes a nice dark red color.
- Pour into glass jar or container and cool a few hours or overnight.
- When the tomato mixture has cooled, chop up the cilantro and onion and mix them in (if you do this step while it is still hot your cilantro will brown & wilt).
- Insert chip and enjoy!