Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Tastes better the second day! Adapted from a recipe I originally found with a quiche (translated: lots of butter!) crust.
My Private Note
4.5 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion (either will work) or 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns (either will work)
- 6 eggs (can be made with 2 whole eggs and 5 egg whites)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups spinach (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups asparagus (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups bell peppers (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups chard leaves (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups kale (I use whatever is left over from dinner)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- salt or pepper or red pepper flakes, for seasoning
- 11) Grease a 9X9 baking dish and pour Simply Potatoes of your choice to line the bottom of the dish. Place in oven while it is warming to 375 degrees.
- 22) When potatoes are defrosted, put vegetable on top of potatoes.
- 33) Beat together eggs and add salt, pepper, and/or red pepper flakes to taste. (A dash of hot sauce works here, too!).
- 44) Pour egg mixture over vegetable and shake dish to settle the eggs over the entire dish.
- 55) Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the ingredients. (This can be eliminated if you don't eat dairy).
- 66) Bake for 20 mins at 375 degrees or until egg is cooked.
- 77) Cut into four and serve.
- 8Note: I have used fresh greens and it will work, but have found it cooks better if you sautee the greens with garlic and water before putting them over the potatoes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shawna's Kitchen Sink Breakfast Casserole #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 284.5 mg
- Sodium 234.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion