Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Tastes better the second day! Adapted from a recipe I originally found with a quiche (translated: lots of butter!) crust.
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion (either will work) or 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns (either will work)
- 6 eggs (can be made with 2 whole eggs and 5 egg whites)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups spinach (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups asparagus (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups bell peppers (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups chard leaves (I use whatever is left over from dinner) or 2 cups kale (I use whatever is left over from dinner)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- salt or pepper or red pepper flakes, for seasoning
- 1) Grease a 9X9 baking dish and pour Simply Potatoes of your choice to line the bottom of the dish. Place in oven while it is warming to 375 degrees.
- 2) When potatoes are defrosted, put vegetable on top of potatoes.
- 3) Beat together eggs and add salt, pepper, and/or red pepper flakes to taste. (A dash of hot sauce works here, too!).
- 4) Pour egg mixture over vegetable and shake dish to settle the eggs over the entire dish.
- 5) Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the ingredients. (This can be eliminated if you don't eat dairy).
- 6) Bake for 20 mins at 375 degrees or until egg is cooked.
- 7) Cut into four and serve.
- Note: I have used fresh greens and it will work, but have found it cooks better if you sautee the greens with garlic and water before putting them over the potatoes.