Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A dear friend made these hoagies for a Memorial Day party and they were a huge hit! A little spicy and really yummy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- blackening seasoning, recipe follows
- red pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package pepper bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle peppercorn ranch dressing
- monterey jack pepper cheese
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- diced green pepper
- 6 -8 hoagie rolls
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is better)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper, and the blackening seasoning.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and cook the chicken breasts until cooked through.
- Shred the chicken.
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Split the hoagie buns in half. Top buns with peppercorn ranch dressing, chicken, crumbled bacon, pepper-jack cheese, diced tomatoes, diced onions, and diced green peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Then broil the tops just a few minutes to brown the cheese.